MainImage

MainImage

Friday, August 8, 2014

Today's Prompt: "pair/pairs/pairing"

Our goal is to provide you with several prompts each week to inspire a poem or short story. 

To submit, just put your poem or short story in the "Comments" section and hit "Publish". 

To see your poem, you will need to click "Comments" again.

You may need to have a Gmail or Yahoo or AOL account to post in the comments section.  Most of you do have Gmail or Yahoo or AOL, but for those of you that don't, it's worthwhile to open up one of these email accounts now!  This way you've got a chance to get your work out there in the world.

Today's poem or short story prompt: "pair/pairs/pairing".

1 comment:

  1. A Pair

    It is as small as a tiny universe
    Not easily grasped nor understood
    She may or may not be my twin
    I thought she
    My other half
    Was the lost child
    I was wrong

    Thought this was as good as it could get
    Only needed to leave you behind
    Let you go
    The surgery was difficult
    The aftercare incomplete
    The healing slow
    I look back and wonder
    How I tolerated the pain
    You
    My other half
    Kept alive in a good place
    A happy household
    A safe house
    We didn't have a choice then

    I know you're there
    I think I've seen you in dreams
    The stranger that feels familiar
    The luck not of my own accord

    We are a pair
    Aren't we?

    Catherine Powers

    ReplyDelete