MainImage

MainImage

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Post a Poem a Day from a Daily Prompt

This blog is devoted to a select group of poets.  We're starting with poets from the Ann Arbor area, but, hey, if you're from Detroit, Grand Rapids, Saginaw or the Upper Peninsula than that is okay, too.

Our goal is to provide you with a prompt every day from which you are to garner inspiration and submit a poem.  How to submit will be very easy.  Just put your poem in the comments section and hit post.  It may take a while for it to actually post as either Mike Fedel or I (your blog hosts) may need to approve the content before it gets posted.  This will probably change in the future, but that's the way it is now.

You may need to have a Gmail account to post in the comments section.  Most of you do have Gmail, but for those of you that don't it's extremely worthwhile to open up one now!  That way you've got a chance to get your work out their in the world.

Here's today's prompt: Sand




2 comments:

  1. Sand
    I needed a permit to toss your ashes into the ocean
    They’re considered human remains (which they are)
    Or cremains (which hardly makes it as a euphemism)
    So instead I tipped you into a plastic pail
    Mixed you with an equal amount of sand
    Our last castle together
    Riding out to sea

    by Catherine Powers

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAND

    Things slip through your hands.
    Fingers open
    Eyes wide

    wondering
    how?

    how did this happen? I kept such careful control of everything! I dotted the i’s and crossed the t’s. I paid everything on time, I showed up five minutes ahead, I didn’t drink or smoke or do drugs or get tattoos or piercings or date strangers or go off to foreign lands with men/women I just met or leave my keys at the dentist or wear dirty underwear or do any of the thousands of other things they warned me about.

    and yet here it is

    slipping through my fingers.

    How?
    How?
    How?

    ReplyDelete