MainImage

MainImage

Friday, April 12, 2013

Today's Poem or Short Story Prompt: The Word "I forgot to..." (4/11)


This blog is devoted to a select group of poets. We're starting with poets from the Ann Arbor area, but, hey, if you're from Detroit, Grand Rapids, Saginaw or the Upper Peninsula, then that is okay, too.

Our goal is to provide you with a prompt every day from which you are to garner inspiration and submit a poem. How to submit will be very easy.  Just put your poem or short story  in the comments section and hit post. You may not immediately see your post, but it is there under the "Comments" section. You may need to click on "Comments" to see your poem.  It is there on another page.
You may need to have a Gmail account to post in the comments section.  Most of you do have Gmail, but for those of you that don't it's extremely worthwhile to open up one now!  That way you've got a chance to get your work out there in the world.

Today's poem or short story prompt is the word "I forgot to..."

3 comments:

  1. Forgetting to Plan Your Life

    What if I actually had a plan that I would have carried through with for my life. Like those people you read about who knew their destiny by the age of nine. That would have been wonderful. I had planned to be an actress. Years later that changed to a poet. Years later I let both those dreams go. Never completely, though.

    Is it too late? Optomistic people, or those motivational speaker types say it's not. I want to believe it isn't too late. I don't have the same energy I had at twenty to push things through.

    I saw a t-shirt that said: PUSH: Pray Until Something Happens. It was there in a rack of tees at Goodwill. Wedged in between breast cancer awareness runs, crococile patches, and shirts promoting a long dead start-up company.

    Was that my message?
    PUSH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRUCE LEE HAD A DEGREE IN PHILOSOPHY


    I forgot to
    close the window

    The temperature dropped overnight
    and I woke up with a chill

    that turned into a cold
    and kept me in bed for three days

    surfing the internet
    and watching television.

    By Friday,
    I was starting to feel better.

    I was watching an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents titled "The Perfect Crime". It starred Vincent Price and James Gregory. It was about a lawyer who convicted an innocent man. It stuck out in my mind because it was written by Stirling Silliphant who was born in Detroit in January, 1918 and was a student and personal friend of Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee had a degree in philosophy, which I knew and Frank knew but I wonder how many other people knew?

    Now *you* know.

    You're welcome.


    - Mike Fedel
    April, 2013

    ReplyDelete