MainImage

MainImage

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Today's Poem or Short Story Prompt: The Word "travel(s / ling / ler)"


This blog is devoted to a select group of poets. We're starting with poets from the Ann Arbor area, but, hey, if you're from Detroit, Grand Rapids, Saginaw or the Upper Peninsula, then that is okay, too.

Our goal is to provide you with a prompt every day from which you are to garner inspiration and submit a poem. How to submit will be very easy.  Just put your poem or short story  in the comments section and hit post. You may not immediately see your post, but it is there under the "Comments" section. You may need to click on "Comments" to see your poem.  It is there on another page.
You may need to have a Gmail account to post in the comments section.  Most of you do have Gmail, but for those of you that don't it's extremely worthwhile to open up one now!  That way you've got a chance to get your work out there in the world.


Today's poem or short story prompt is the word "travel / travels / travelling / traveller"






2 comments:

  1. MY PIVOT FOOT


    if the object of the game
      is to move this ball
      from that point
      to that point
      and toss it
      through that basket,

    my

    though is that
      it makes more sense
      to keep moving
      than to stop and
      "establish a

    pivot

    foot", especially since,
      i don't HAVE one.
      both of my feet
      pivot to exactly
      the same degree,
      less than a

    foot

    in each direction,
      which is exactly
      how they were made
      and how i intend to
      continue using them.

    I didn't feel *too* bad about leaving.
    They rehearse too many times during the week anyway.


    - Mike Fedel
    April, 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powers Travel, Dearborn, MI

    I still meet people
    Strangers all
    Who tell me
    My brother still owes them
    Five hundred dollars
    Or two thousand dollars
    Pick any dollar amount in between
    These strangers
    Residents of my hometown
    Or the next four towns over
    Look into my eyes
    Glare
    Tell me the horrible story
    Of being left at the airport
    Waiting for the plane
    To whisk them away
    Dream vacation
    Anniversary cruise
    How long they had saved
    Their disappointment
    "I'm so sorry" I say
    What else can I tell them
    I didn't commit the crime
    Still
    I wear a scarlet P

    Occassionally these sad travellers
    Will give me an update
    The court sent them fifty dollars
    Six months ago
    There should be another payment soon
    At least he's doing the right thing
    They'll tell me
    Drugs and alcohol and gambling
    That can take a man down
    I don't have the heart to tell then
    He died three months ago

    Catherine Powers
    April 25, 2013
    Copyright 2013
    I don't have the heart to tell them
    That will

    ReplyDelete