MainImage

MainImage

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Today's Poem or Short Story Prompt: "shoes"

This blog is devoted to a select group of poets. We're starting with poets from the Ann Arbor area, but, hey, if you're from Detroit, Grand Rapids, Saginaw or the Upper Peninsula, then that is okay, too.

Our goal is to provide you with a prompt every day from which you are to garner inspiration and submit a poem. How to submit will be very easy.  Just put your poem or short story  in the comments section and hit post. You may not immediately see your post, but it is there under the "Comments" section. You may need to click on "Comments" to see your poem.  It is there on another page.
You may need to have a Gmail account to post in the comments section.  Most of you do have Gmail, but for those of you that don't it's extremely worthwhile to open up one now!  That way you've got a chance to get your work out there in the world.

Today's poem or short story prompt is the word "shoes".



4 comments:

  1. SNEAKERS OR LOAFERS?

    "Almost ready, I just have to get my shoes on. Ten seconds."

    I'm so glad I'm a guy.

    - Mike Fedel
    July, 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women's Size 11 Shoe

    From my early years it was predicted that I would have big feet like the rest of the Vikings in my family. By grade 10 I wore a size 9 shoe. By the time I was twenty I had morphed into a size 11. I always told my mother that when I grew up I wanted to marry a man with small feet. It turns out that I made that wish come true. However, a month into the marriage I realized that I needed more.

    Catherine Powers
    July 8, 2013
    Copyright 2013

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unshod again at the office, don't tell Pam,
    I relax into the clickings of the pointer and the letters
    and pad around the flat carpet feeling
    a little like a kindergartner, which is naughty,
    here, where it is supposed to be business,
    or sort of. Today at least it mostly is.
    But feet in socks on the bouncy ball under my desk
    suggest slightly otherwise, and in the good way,
    not the not good one. My illicit feet
    might take me down the ramp to the window
    whose increasing obscurement by ivy bothers Debbie.
    It is starting to look like the kudzu's overcoming us.
    Slow but menacing, like the monster in a '50s B movie.
    Yet that is no concern to my feet, which are just glad
    to've been freed from the lacing for a few hours
    in a temporary reprieve, kindness, yo.

    -- LisaLou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you onboard, LisaLou!!

      I won't tell Pam . . .

      Delete