MainImage

MainImage

Monday, July 8, 2013

Today's Poem or Short Story Prompt: "envelope"

This blog is devoted to a select group of poets. We're starting with poets from the Ann Arbor area, but, hey, if you're from Detroit, Grand Rapids, Saginaw or the Upper Peninsula, then that is okay, too.

Our goal is to provide you with a prompt every day from which you are to garner inspiration and submit a poem. How to submit will be very easy.  Just put your poem or short story  in the comments section and hit post. You may not immediately see your post, but it is there under the "Comments" section. You may need to click on "Comments" to see your poem.  It is there on another page.
You may need to have a Gmail account to post in the comments section.  Most of you do have Gmail, but for those of you that don't it's extremely worthwhile to open up one now!  That way you've got a chance to get your work out there in the world.

Today's poem or short story prompt is the word "envelope".





2 comments:

  1. Licking the Envelope


    the blue one:
    I feel mostly safe.

    the yellow one:
    I feel
    a little more safe,
    but there are some opinions
    I keep to myself.

    the dark blue one:
    everything come together
    but the feeling is tentative,
    provisional,

    the tan one:
    ha! don't even joke about the tan one!

    the grey one:
    really,
    don't even talk about
    the tan one.

    the orange one:
    I can get there,
    but I have to force it,
    twist it,
    drag it

    the white one:
    I can't believe you
    asked me about
    the tan one!

    the powder blue one:
    closer
    closer

    the green one:
    .
    .
    the green one
    .
    that's where I feel
    totally at ease
    completely safe
    relaxed
    accepted and taken care of.

    Where I feel
    enveloped
    by warmth

    carressed
    by affection

    surrounded
    by love.

    - Mike Fedel
    July, 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. against every urge
    I unfold you from me
    peel slowly, pry, writhe

    -- LisaLou

    ReplyDelete